Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Mac Goes Boom

Yep. I dropped my Macbook Pro on Friday.

It was in my notebook computer protecting backpack, so the major damage was averted...but it fell right off the stage at the church where I had set the backpack while helping one of the boys get their coat on.

It did sustain an injury to the right front corner...right above the DVD drive. It bent the metal pretty bad in that one spot. I took a hammer to it and you can barely even tell it was damaged now. Amy was pretty surprised when she heard me hammering and said, "What's that noise?" ...to which I replied, "it's just me hammering on my Mac." "You're what!?!" The DVD drive still works...just now tested it.

I'll post a picture first chance I get. You'd think I'd be pretty upset as much as I love this computer, but surprisingly, I'm over it. It's just a computer. Only a tool to accomplish a goal...not the goal itself. I think I'm growing out of some of my old materialistic ways. Yay me! (Still working on the humilty struggles, hehe)

No comments: