Monday, September 29, 2008

My Name Is Chuck And I Approved This Message

If I had anyone better to vote for, I'd vote against John McCain for no other reason than it was his Campaign Finance Reform Bill started requiring the phrase, "My name is ... and I approved this message."

Anyone else out there sick of hearing that phrase?

Did he think he was doing us a favor?

[caution: sarcasm ahead]

Hey John...all those ads that were out there supporting a campaign...I wasn't really sure if they were approved by the candidate or not. That phrase really cleared it up for me! Whew, we're much better off now!

[end sarcasm]

Unfortunately, there's nobody else out there that's better to vote for. The other option is a non-option. Too bad Palin is the VP candidate and not at the top of the ticket.

1 comment:

Gram said...

I agree totally with your complaint. Telling someone that you approve what you just said is just irritating. Why not just say "My name is ____ and I would appreciate your vote"? Leave the approval ending for the non-candidate voice overs.