Monday, February 09, 2009

Remembering Bliss

I hate that feeling that you get when you know there's something that you need to do, but you can't remember what it is that needs to be done. It's nearly as bad as when you were going to say something to somebody, but as soon as you're in front of them, you can't remember what it was you were going to tell them.

I do, however, love the inverse of that forgetfulness. That moment when it comes to you...when you remember what it was that you forgot. It's a little bitty moment of bliss. It's almost worth forgetting something, just so you can have that brief moment of remembering bliss.

I think I'm going to throw away my PDA and my task list, just so I can have those moments over and over again all day long! OK...just joking...let's not get carried away here.

1 comment:

Michelle Ross said...

Our apartment stairways are a memory vortex. Every time I go upstairs or downstairs to get something, I stand for several seconds (or minutes) wondering what item I was en route to get.