Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Small Big Things

I had one of those special moments tonight. I walked in on Amy reading with the boys at bed time. She was letting Trip help her read. He was able to read almost every second word (at least every third word). Who would've known that watching a 5 year old read could be so rewarding? I always expected that Trip would someday read. He's a smart kid, so it doesn't come as a surprise. Nevertheless, this small thing was very big for me. It wasn't even about the reading itself. It was about all that that moment means. Call it fatherly pride or whatever, but it occurred to me how fortunate I am. Two great children. A wife who cares so much that she takes time to teach all sorts of things to our children. I could go on and on.

Trip, I'm proud of you buddy!
God, thanks for the big, small things!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

could be even more rewarding if you had one more...:) (just couldn't resist)

Brenda Rae said...

smile for sharon's comment - a princess would make it complete!

I was staring at Tana tonight and amazed at the great things God gives us. It is fun to watch your kids learn new things!