Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ouch!

Get the picture...

It was the Calvary Church men's basketball league tournament. Saturday, March 15 was the date. All was on the line. We won our first game of the day...an 8:00 am battle between the two un-feated teams (you read that right...we were the two teams who hadn't won a game). So, it was our second game of the day...and we were once again losing. I decided it was time for me to step up my game and put it all on the line. When the opportunity arose, I went up against a giant player on the other team for a rebound. He came down with the ball. I came down on his foot. Turned my ankle. Extreme pain.

I hitched a ride home, then hitched a ride to the emergency room (special thanks to the Kruse family for getting me home, for Mrs. Chris for coming over to sit with the boys, and to Amy for taking me to the hospital...and for putting up with me for the past several days). They x-rayed it and told me it was a sprain and that I'd recover...eventually. No big deal. Below are a few photos.

Be sure to read my next post (coming soon) for lessons I've learned.


My ankle had a swollen knot that was a little larger than a golf ball in size. Sweet ballin' shoes, huh?


Me chillin' in the ER. My pain meds had kicked in at this point.

The family coming to my bedside engaging in a friendly game
of Sesame Street UNO.

3 comments:

Gram said...

That ankle looks very painful. I hope it is improving everyday. I have found in the past that pain meds and Sesame Street UNO will help almost any injury.

Brenda Rae said...

I also recommend some Nemo Go Fish and a back rub it also helps! HOpe you feel better!

Angi said...

I recognize the BJSPH ER. I hope your visit was excellent and your ankle feels better soon.
Angi