Monday, October 22, 2007

Another One Checked Off

I got one of those rare moments last Wednesday: the chance to check off one of my life goals.

I gave a guest lecture for a Master's level Communications class at Lindenwood University (St. Charles, MO). One of the teachers who taught me in my Master's Degree work was called out of town unexpectedly and couldn't reschedule. Since it's an accelerated degree program, it's frowned upon to just 'cancel class' so he asked me to fill in (I don't know what I did to impress him enough to be invited to be the guest instructor other than mention I'd like to teach someday and if he ever needed a fill-in to let me know). It was actually the equivalent of teaching three three-hour classes. It was a lot of fun and I hope I'm invited back.

It just goes to show you that if you have goals, make a list of them, and come up with little action steps to accomplish them, you can achieve anything you want. Up next: getting my pilot's license and becoming totally debt free (I did call them life goals, right?)!

2 comments:

amy said...

pilot's license? really??? that would be cool! but debt free... that is a goal i am completely onboard with!

Chuck said...

That's why they're my life's goals, not yours. I'll get that pilot's license. It might take me 20 years...but i'll get it!