Thursday, August 09, 2007

Everyone Is Leading Someone

Several people who read this blog are fans of the Leadership Summit - a conference put on by Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago...broadcast via satellite to over 100 cities across the world (including Calvary) - but were unable to attend for one reason or another. So, I thought I'd take a few posts over the next couple of days and give some of the highlights as they touched me.

Side Note: Lots of people never consider going to the Summit because they don't consider themselves to be leaders. Though the Summit is targeted at church leaders and (to a lesser degree) businesses executives, I would contend that there is something for everyone at this event because everyone is a leader. Whether you lead people at work, at a church group, at a local organization, your kid's ball team, or (last but not least) your family...everyone is leading someone. This year's Summit slogan is "Lead Where You Are." So, I would encourage you to buy the DVD's of the Summit...they'll do a lot better than I will in stretching your leadership potential. But, if you refuse...perhaps my recap will touch you some way.

No comments: