Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Better Worship Experience

Why is it that the best worship experiences that I've had lately have been in places other than worship services (a place where you'd think worship would come easy)? Take this morning for instance. I was driving to church and popped in a CD and had a great time of worship. Got to church (at our new West Building...a pretty church building) and things were dry as a bone.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I was working - helping to troubleshoot video problems, if it is something to do with my spiritual life, if it is just a fluke, or if we as a church staff are failing to produce atmospheres condusive to the outbreak of worship.

It just strikes me as strange that for a better worship experience I have to find service somewhere than the Service.

No comments: