Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rough Day

I had a rough day today. My boss was on me about some things (yep, it even happens in the church world), some of which were probably valid...some of which were not. Ministry certainly wasn't fun today.

I'm learning, however, to look for the small pleasures in life. I came home and Amy had a great dinner waiting on me. It was nice. Then I went and played some softball. Something about chasing down a fly ball or hitting a long bomb that gets the stress out. Later we (Amy, the boys and I) went to Costco and purchased strawberries. It was so fun seeing Quinn point to all of the big screen TV's and boating accessories hanging from the ceiling. He's exploring and learning and talking more everyday. What a joy.

It brings me so much joy when Quinn learns about/appreciates the small things in life. It's so fun as a father to see when Trip is fascinated by the Cardinals running in and out of the dugout in between innings. I hope God (our Heavenly Father) gets as much joy when I appreciate the small things in life.

Still trying to declutter...
Still trying to drink more water...

Happy Birthday MawMaw (as if she would ever see this...good thing I called her earlier).

1 comment:

Brenda Rae said...

When I pray with the kids at night I thank God for the fun that I have with my kids (and husband). And can't imagine how much joy that He gets when I have joy. I have enjoyed reading the last few days!!!