Thursday, September 06, 2007

Do The Right Thing

FINALLY! Someone in the cell phone/telecommunications industry does something right!

Read: The Open Letter To iPhone Customers From Steve Jobs

I'm not an iPhone owner...but I'm thinking about getting one now (philosophically, of course. practically, my wife will never let me get one...i'm still recovering from the beating I took for getting a Treo). Typically I'm an early adopter on technological breakthroughs; but in this case I was one of the skeptics. I wanted to wait for a few models of it to come out to make sure all of the hype was legit (2 Legit 2 Quit - Yep, I went there). However, after reading the commitment to customer service that Jobs is giving, I'm now a full supporter of Apple products.

The new touch-screen wi-fi iPod looks fantastic. Even the new iPod nano looks cool.

In an industry where almost everyone has a horror story (just ask my brother-in-law about his experience with Sprint...or my wife about her recent phone upgrade experience), it's nice to see something refreshing. Thanks Steve for doing the right thing. And thanks to Seth Godin for pointing me to this topic.

No comments: